Johannesburg Region - Fund Raisers
A bunch of us had a lot of fun playing Superbru for a purpose during the Super 15. If you played before please play again (Dylan is the man to beat!). If you haven't played before please sign up if you would like to try it out and support a good cause in the meantime.
The game is the same but the charity is different. This time we will be raising money for our beautiful national parks via the Honorary Ranger Volunteer organization as you may be aware these are desperately needed right now as poaching is on the increase particularly Rhino poaching.
Everyone is welcome to play and you can send on to anyone you like (and who is prepared to pay R50 towards the purpose to play! ).
Enter at www.superbru.com
Pool code talcbody
Pool name Play for a Purpose, Rhino war
R50 to enter deposit into Honorary Rangers, Nedbank, 1585392448, Die Heuwel - using "Jhb - YourSuperBruName" as a reference and email proof of payment to JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING or fax 0113880461
More about Honorary Rangers at http://www.sanparksvolunteers.org/
Have you got any great photos taken in any of the 19 South African National Parks? Are they better than some of the pictures you have seen in the wildlife photography books?
We want them! And we want your great works recognised and published.
The Johannesburg Region of Honorary Rangers is calling all photographers to enter their photos in a competition to select the best shots taken by you the visitors to the Parks to produce a coffee table book showcasing the beauty of our National Parks.
How the Competition Works:
1) This competition is aimed at raising funds for the South African National Parks (SANParks). All proceeds from this competition will be utilised by the Honorary Rangers in support of SANParks.
2) The competition is open to everybody and will run with random prizes being awarded at intervals until sufficient photos have been entered so as to warrant the publishing of the book.
3) You may submit as many photos as you wish, provided the applicable entry fee is paid.
4) The entry fees are R50 for 3 photos or R100 for 8 photos. Multiple batches of 3 or 8 photos per photographer may be entered.
5) Entry forms (are available by clicking on entry forms) or they can be obtained by emailing JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING and requesting an entry form.
6) The photos and completed entry form are to be emailed to JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING . Each photo must be labeled with the photographer's name and a photo number of 1 to 8 that corresponds with the photo details contained in the accompanying entry form.
7) All photos are to be in JPEG format and are to be of the best quality possible. Each photo however may not exceed 4MB in size.
8) Each photo, title, location and a short narration of no more than 100 words describing the situation surrounding the photo should be included on the accompanying entry form.
9) The photographs submitted must have been taken by the photographer in one of the 19 National Parks.
10) The photographer's name and details may be printed in the book for each photo published.
11) The applicable entry fees must be paid into the following bank account: Honorary Rangers Johannesburg, Standard Bank, account number 242016723, Fordsburg branch (code 005205). Please include your name as the reference.
12) The photos to be included in the book will be selected by a panel of judges including a professional photographer.
13) The owners of the photos selected for publishing will be entitled to order copies of the book in advance of publication.
14) The books may be made available for sale at the SANParks and on the SANParks website as well as other retail outlets and by advance order.
15) The owners of the photos selected for publishing may be asked to confirm their compliance with competition rules and details regarding the photographs submitted.
Rules of the Competition:
1) The copyright for each photo remains with the photographer. By entering the competition the photographer grants the competition organisers the right to use the photographs entered or parts thereof in the book and/or for promoting the competition, the book, the Honorary Rangers and/or the Parks themselves.
2) The photographer warrants that each photo submitted was taken by them and that the photo does not infringe on any copyrights, trademarks, moral rights or rights of privacy of any other person. Further, it is in its entirety a single work of original material and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
3) The competition organisers retain the right to make minor modifications to the photos where necessary, for example, to crop or alter the brightness, for the sole purpose of publishing the photos in a book.
4) Should the book not be published for whatever reason entry fees will not be refunded and an alternative prize may be offered.
5) All Park rules must be obeyed and any photographs showing Park rules being broken will be disqualified.
6) Any photographs deemed inappropriate, offensive or explicit by the competition organisers and at their sole discretion will be disqualified.
7) Winners and pictures to be published will be selected by the judges and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection.
8) Winners themselves may be photographed.