Do you have a love of the African bush, of untamed wilderness and the beauty of our national parks? Do you want to conserve and protect the wild animals and beautiful places that have touched our lives?
If so, then we invite you to join us in our mission to conserve our national parks forever by making a bequest in your Will.
By leaving a bequest to SANParks Honorary Rangers, you’ll be leaving a lasting gift to our planet and to future generations – so that they too may experience elephants, rhinos and big cats roaming free in the wild and experience unspoilt Africa at its best.
Your generosity will help fund vital management and conservation projects to ensure that our children – and our children’s children – can enjoy and be shaped by our national parks as much as we have.
What is a Bequest?
A bequest is a gift that is donated in your Will to a registered Public Benefit Organisation, such as the SANParks Honorary Rangers (PBO number 930010091). This gift can be a specified amount, a residual amount (or percentage of your estate), a policy, an asset (such as a property) or a trust.
Types of Bequests
You can make a bequest by:
- Donating a certain sum of money specified in your Will.
- Donating a percentage of your estate, or the balance of your estate after other provisions (i.e. a residual bequest).
- Donating an asset (such as a property, specific shares, artwork, jewellery or other valuable non-cash items).
- Naming the SANParks Honorary Rangers as a beneficiary on an insurance/assurance policy.
- Donating via a trust (where there may be several beneficiaries).
How to make a Bequest
Update your Will to include a Special Bequest stating:
“I leave [insert description of what is being bequeathed] to the SANParks Honorary Rangers, a voluntary association of persons and a registered public benefit organisation, 930010091, and non-profit organisation, 086-703-NPO.”
A bequest to a registered PBO is exempt from estate duty. Bequests to a trust may also qualify for tax deductions if certain conditions are met.
Your bequest will be gratefully acknowledged and will be allocated to vital conservation work in our national parks.
For more Information
Please email email@example.com.