This World Ranger Day, we proudly invite you to join us for a Virtual Online Event to recount, reflect and remember the brave men and women who have dedicated themselves to conserving our natural heritage.
We’re engaging with the real rangers of SANParks, in a conversation bearing testimony to the cost and care that goes into protecting our natural heritage. We will hear their tales, and share their experiences being Rangers in today’s world at the frontline of conservation.
It’s a day of recognition and remembrance. A moment for those who serve. An insight into their world.
Our panellists will include:
- Cathy Dreyer – Head Ranger of the Kruger National Park.
- Philip Prins – Fire Manager, Table Mountain National Park.
- Owen Govender – Snr Section Ranger at Garden Route National Park (Knysna Lakes Section).
- Kally Ubisi – Section Ranger at Skukuza, Kruger National Park.
- Richard Sowry – Section Ranger, Kingfisherspruit, Kruger National Park.
- Theresa Sowry – CEO of the Southern African Wildlife College and, as Richard’s wife, will share her experiences of being married to a ranger.
To close, Dr Nicholus Funda, General Manager of Area Integrity and former Chief Ranger in the Kruger National Park, will join us for a candle lighting ceremony to honour our rangers and pay tribute to those who have died in the line of duty.
Register now to stand a chance of winning a 3-night stay for 2 people in any national park of their choice (T&Cs apply). After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.